Wetlands Taiwan works to protect the ecology of wetlands in Taiwan. It consists of the study of ecology, adopting progressive activities for environmental protection, coordinating organization efforts and strength for related environmental groups and local community groups.
- In 1994, the protection movement of the Sitsao wetland initiated the foundation of Wetlands Taiwan.
- In 1996, Wetlands Taiwan was officially registered to the Ministry of Domestic Affairs as a non-government organization.
- Designating the wetland protection zone for wildlife habitats, and restoring the ponds for wetlands conservation, by coordinating comprehensive ecological data, information, and laws.
- Participating actively in the conferences related to ecological conservation.
- Executing field surveys on the fundamental ecological investigation to build up the ecological database for academic study.
- Advocating and publicizing the value and importance of wetlands, ecology and conservation by means of our volunteer organization, educational programs, ecological filed trips, speeches, publications, web site, etc.